Thursday, August 30, 2007

EMT Class Update, Work, and Frank Zappa and the Monkeys

EMT class is in it's second week. I have my partner: Felton. Yes, Felton, I have never met anyone with that name before. He is probably around 58 years old and is a park ranger. He carries a sidearm to class some nights, but only when he also wears his park ranger uniform. I really like him. I asked him about exciting things that happen in his park; his answer "yellow jackets, and sometimes people get excited about snakes." I wonder if he gets to shoot the snakes.

Class is just starting to get interesting. This Tuesday we got the scare-treatment on air and blood-borne pathogens. I pretty much want to wear a mask, goggles, and gloves all the time. Our instructor insists on calling the haz-mat suit a "zoot suite". Cute.

Just finished up my first, short-term contract. Yay! I got to send an invoice and should actually get my first paycheck since moving to VA. I don't even want to calculate what my pathetic hourly was, but I did come away from this contract with some "serious" T-SQL and Reporting Services skills.

I had never seen this this episode from the Monkeys with Frank Zappa (Yes Zappa on the Monkeys). Credit to The Onion AV Club for showing me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgNxuNaYHsk

No comments: