Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Scary Nutcracker Dream

One of my dreams last night was truly horrifying. There was a weird nutcracker doll that turned into a sort-Chucky-animated-monster. It had a jaw that when animated would chew and chew and chew and could not be stopped. The doll would just crawl around and chew through furniture, walls, cars, and would eat any person that got in its path. The dream played-out like a horror movie, and when I half-awoke remembering this dream I realized it was inspired by my constant little breast-feeding companion.

She is a lovely and much-loved little suckling, but I will look forward to more interaction than eating, pooping, crying, sleeping, and the occasional moment of awake contentment. Actually I do look forward to "tubbies" each evening. Tubbies is our term for bath time. Harper loves her bath-time and looks genuinely happy if only for 5 minutes.

No comments: