Friday, September 12, 2008

Anxiety Dreams that don't involve missing exams

I know, I know, I've been remiss.  I haven't posted in a couple of days, and I'm sure our adoring fans are getting annoyed.  Things are going really well.  Our complaints are minor.  Harper basically ate all day today.  Very few breaks.  Momma's tired.  Diana's mom has been wonderful.  The only shortcoming is when we go upstairs to nap, and tell her we'll be down in X number of minutes, leaving her to watch Harper.  If we oversleep, she can't quite be trusted to come and get us, as she loves snuggling with the baby (as do the rest of us!).
I had this crazy anxiety dream the other day.  I don't have a lot of these, at least that I can remember.  In this one I was a super hero.  There were a pair of super villians, and we were in their lair.  I don't remember everything, but it was sort of stainless-steely, glass, and towery.  I think I trash talked them, and then went to make my escape.  Unfortunately one of the super villians had the ability to slow time, only around me of course, and the other had the combined abilities of Mr. Fantastic (strectchy, impervious to things like bullets), the Hulk (big, powerful, tough, cool green color), and the voice and brain of Mr. Spock.  How am I supposed to compete with that?  The majority of the dream that I remember was Mr. Fantastic Spock Hulk coming after me, and me trying to fly away through the quicksand of slowed time.  It was pretty intense.
OK, now that you've drudged, or at least scrolled, through the text, here's today's photos:  I think I'll probably retake the feet one without the tag in the way.  For a sense of scale, that tag is probably 3/4" long.



3 comments:

Party Resources said...

She is so cute!!!! Please give my best to Diana's mom.

dredful said...

Adorable!

One question: How is poor Osa doing with all this? Is she still allowed in the house? or does she sleep outside? :-)

McTodds said...

Osa is okay. I think the adult visitors freak her out more than the baby. At least for now ...