Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Cross it off the list

OK, here's a photo of the first thing on my "I judge other parents about these things and will never do them with my own child" list:
It's the 4 of us at Sonic after we drove Harper around to try to get her to sleep.  That's what I had said I wouldn't do, drive around the baby to get it to sleep.
Here's the other one we flip-flopped on already:

Here's the rest of the list I can think of right now, in order of their likelyhood of being flip-flopped:
  1. Pacifiers - flip-flopped
  2. Drive around baby to get it to sleep - flip-flopped
  3. Own a minivan
  4. Use the TV as a babysitter
  5. Allow our child(ren) to have a handheld video game device permanently attached
  6. Cellphone before the age of 10
  7. Own a minivan with a TV in the back
I'll update the blog with photographic evidence as any of these fall.

2 comments:

meadowridge said...

Love the car picture! I'm having some foggy recall of dreams and other things. Hummm---What to say---The apple doesn't fall far from the tree? What goes around, comes around? Anyway, I'd like to apply for the driver, uh--nanny, position, but I can't figure out what to do about medical insurance...Remember what I've told you about the three flannel nightgowns?

isaacjosephson said...

Yep, sanity and survival often cause principles to take a back seat (pun re: driving around w/baby intended) when it comes to kids.