Friday, November 9, 2007

When I Grow Up ... Again ...

I am trying to get my second life career off the ground, and the major obstacle is, of course, ME. I find the entire college application process, and hoops to jump through irritating. And I continue to remind myself that everyone does this, I am not special, and just need to suck it up and pay the $3 to get my transcripts from all the schools I have attended transfered, AND I may even need to take a "Skills Level Test" at a community college, which feels insulting. Don't these people know I was a 4.0 college student. Don't they know my Dif Eq professor LOVED me. Don't they know about my DOE internship. The answer is nope, and they don't particularly care.

On the bright side I should be able to take Anatomy and Physiology I, and Intro to Microbiology this spring semester, and hopefully A&P II this summer. That would go a long way towards my pre-nursing certificate which will allow me to go into an 18 month LPN program at the community college, and then I can do an accelerated BSN program at Virginia Commonwealth University (in Richmond), and hopefully be finished with my BSN in 3.5 years.

No comments: