Monday, November 26, 2007

T-Day Success

Thanksgiving was a success. My first turkey was delicious. I credit the butter/herb rub inside and outside the skin for the moist, savory meat. The dogs did not eat each other or any of the children. Even though two coffee grinders were somehow destroyed we still managed to grind coffee beans in my food processor and provided enough caffeine to keep 5 house guests on speaking terms. I even think I could volunteer as Thanksgiving host next year.

Photo gallery is on its way, Rick even setup a formal portrait studio and took fabulous shots of Todd family groupings.

My only minor mistake was to forget that Uncle Bob was a life long military man and republican and over dinner conversation I managed to talk about all the various forms of birth control I have used and preferred (speaking to Rick's college-age sisters), and also about how surprised and pleased I was to know that several lesbian couples live in our neighborhood. Ooops. I think he got over it because he and his wife let up keep the leftovers from their fabulous sweet potato dish.

No comments: