Thursday, September 20, 2007

Travel To Colorado

I know Osa is a dog. I know she forgets what happened 24 hours ago. She embodies the living-in-the-moment ideal. Yoda would love her. But, I am dropping her off at her new vet's for boarding and I will feel sick to my stomach for a few hours knowing that she will be anxious the whole weekend until Rick picks her up on Monday. In fact, my belly is in knots right now.

Then I get to try and sleep without her at the foot of the bed, and wake-up at 3:30 AM to fly to Vail. I am really excited to see everyone. In fact, I need about a week to spend enough time with old friends. The weekend will be a rush from one too-short lunch to another too-short and too-much-booze dinner.

I also have this horrible desire for gossip from my old job. I shouldn't care! I shouldn't care! I shouldn't care! But there is something about having a company no longer want my services that makes me want to hear all the disgruntled employee stories. What the hell is wrong with me? I want my old co-worker friends happy, not be excited to hear that they loathe their bosses and secretly flip-off customers on the other end of a conference call.

Trauma Assessment lab tonight in class. Part of the basic trauma assessment is checking that the perineum is intact. I actually got to hear our assistant instructor use the word "taint" during Tuesday's class. (hehe).

No comments: