Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Our Colorado Trip

Both Rick and I are back from an eventful Colorado trip. We met-up in Vail on Friday and had a wonderful dinner with old friends. Rick did an impressive bike ride at high elevation on Saturday. I hate that he and his whole family seem to have no breathing issues at elevation, while I was short of breath climbing the stairs.

Inbetween gasps for air I did a nice long hike with girlfriends. The aspens are in full Fall mode and beautiful. The signs posting high bear and mountain lion activity were less beautiful. Especially when seen 3 miles into a hike.

I had the great pleasure of spending a day babysitting a 2-and-a-half-year-old all day Monday. The circumstances that caused this child to be placed in my care were very sad, but I did have a fabulous time. We went to the Avon Rec Center pool. I got to watch this very cute, very sweet little girl go down the mushroom slide "all by herself". "All by herself" means that I let her head go all the way under the water before swooping in and catching her. I also got to make lunch and coax a picky eater to at least finish the slice of bologna and cheese, and then you can get peach yogurt. Bargaining Bargaining Bargaining. As an adult it is a salary and health care that gets you to do things you would rather not, as a child peach yogurt will do.

Back home now after a flight that got into Norfolk at 2 AM. I am so tired I know I shouldn't even drive a car today.

No comments: