Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Aunt Kaye

Wanted to give a quick shout out to my aunt Kaye. She is a founding member of the Indiana Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice and also the founder of the Lowe Syndrome Association. There is now a Leland McSpadden Memorial Fund for Lowe Syndrome.

Kaye just spoke at Manchester College in Northern Indiana: "A student panel will serve up questions to pro-life advocate Mary Meehan, whose opinion pieces have appeared in such national media as The New York Times and The Washington Post, and Kaye McSpadden, president of Indiana Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice."

I wish I had been in town for the debate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a nice tribute -- thank you! I think it went well. It was a civil discussion and a good airing of the different viewpoints. The students were great too, both the ones on the panel, and the ones in the audience. I enjoyed it very much, and appreciated the opportunity to share the religious pro-choice perspective. And for the record, I wish you'd been there, too! I understand I just missed you -- hope your furniture truck-driving/moving journey went well! Love, Aunt Kaye