Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Attempting to stop the inevitable

We try not to let Harper watch the television for exactly the same reasons I wish I didn't watch television: I get sucked in immediately, I cannot pay attention to the televised show and reality at the same time, and the stupid advertisements. Well, of course whenever the tv screen is on (and we also have a computer plugged into the tv so we can watch netflix watch-instantly, and do email, etc from the couch) Harper cranes her neck and body to look at it. We can have her facing directly away from the tv and she throws her head back so she can see the screen upside-down. So, to counter-act this mesmerising effect we turn on the gas fireplace which is directly opposite the tv. Apparently because I would much rather have a child obsessed with fire than facebook.

On similar note here is the latest statshot from the onion:

No comments: