Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Romper Womb

"Romper womb" is my new favorite pregnancy term. Thanks to Meghan for giving me this descriptive phrase. My little one is playing "kick the ribs" almost hourly, but this is a good thing as it means the head is down and feet are up. A nice position for 35 weeks.

We toured the hospital maternity ward. Very nice: Mini-fridge, stone-tiled shower with shower wand, super fancy hospital bed, birthing ball, and gliding/rocking chair. Rick gets a chair that folds out into a single bed. Vail had an even better setup, but it is hard to beat a ski-slope view in a high-income county.

Stupid question I asked my OB this morning that I am sure she will repeat to her co-workers this afternoon:

Me: "So if my water breaks while I am swimming in the pool will I know?"
Dr.K: "Um no, except you will leak for a while after you get out of the pool. And we will completely ignore the public health implications of this happening."

5 comments:

isaacjosephson said...

Hah! love it. Our first (now 3 years old) was definitely the romper womb type.

McTodds said...

Isaac, great to hear from you! I love keeping up-to-date on your children/wife/realestate/work/school.

The romper womb keeps getting crazier, and I swear that the more the baby moves, the more tired I get. Guess that won't change any time soon ;)

Tankboy said...

Only you would ask that question.

Most importantly, does that hospital mini-fridge have a bottle of chamagne in it?

You['re gonna want it afterward.

McTodds said...

A split of Veuve is absolutely on the packing list. And some good sushi is on the menu during the first week home, even if Rick drives to Richmond with dry ice to get it.

Tankboy said...

Screw that, make him kill a fish on the way to the hospital and cut it up all bedside stylee post-labor!