Thursday, July 31, 2008

23 - 27 days left - my take

Of course, with The Day in eminence, I have similar, but slightly different thoughts. Quite typical for males, apparently, I start thinking about my paycheck, and associate some of my feelings of self-worth to it's size. Do I make enough that I can send my child(ren) to a private grade school? Prep shool? Private college? Can I pay for braces, that convertible that they really want when they turn 16? (not buying that even if I'm a multi-millionaire by then, in case you're wondering).
But then similar to D, I at least try to think about the importance of spending time with the little one(s), and hope that's more valuable than spending money on them.
To quote Jurassic 5: The most you can spend on any child is time.
I'll try to think about that, and less about my salary and future expenses. Maybe that'll make the little knot in my stomach go away.

1 comment:

APS said...

hey ya!
although the J and I are still a few years from the baby explosion...i can appreciate and understand your stress about that stuff. i have to remind myself that babies have been born throughout history (duh!) in all sorts of crazy situations and the biggest thing that matters is time, affection and patience...and lots of cardboard boxes...cause that's call kids want to play with anyway...

your J5 quotes says it best though.