Thursday, July 31, 2008

23 - 37 days left

We are down to the final few weeks. Somewhere between 23 and 37 days left; although I think I will induce if I am 1 week late. That said, if all the comments I get from strangers are correct I should be delivering any day now. Why would anyone think it appropriate to say "Whoa, you gonna have a big baby" to a pregnant woman?

My last day of work is next Friday and I am anticipating stopping work with both joy and dread. I realized yesterday that I haven't had a significant period of non-work since I was 16 years old. I think my first semester of college was without a job, but other than that I have been steadily earning money since I had a drivers license. Quite a bit of my self-worth is wrapped-up in working. Not necessarily in the amount of my paycheck, but in the act of supporting myself: being "useful". I guess I define useful as bringing in some money to the household. I need to start rethinking my "job" for the next 4 months and realize I will be a caregiver, and that while poorly paid the pay-off will be creating another well-rounded adult.

I give myself an infinite-mirror headache when I think that someday the little one in my uterus may someday have exactly the same thoughts about another little one, and so-on-and-so-forth.

No comments: