Friday, March 14, 2008

Bringing My Head Above Water


I haven't been able to post in a while just due to daily hassles. I thought I had appendicitis (and the dr is still ruling it out), but probably just have something called "round ligament pain":

"A ligament spasm, an involuntary contraction or cramp, usually triggers a sharp pain. These spasms are found more frequently on the right side than the left because of the normal tendency of the uterus to turn to the right." - Web MD

Unfortunately the appendix is also on the right side of your body, so I get the added bonus of several bruises on my elbows and wrists from blood extractions for white blood cell counts (which are naturally elevated during pregnancy, so we need to take several to determine if there is an upward trend).

So, I start PT next Tuesday (you and me Minty J), and cannot wait, I am hoping that hour long massage is part of the treatment process. And I might get that awesome support belt shown above.

One the plus side I got to have an unscheduled ultrasound, and saw little Clemetine (now our official nick name) suck its little thumb, wave at me, show me a full foot print, and show me its full spine. Amazing.

Rick and I are traveling to Norfolk where the XO of the naval base is selling his used baby jogger. This will be the first baby item we will buy, and I am both excited and extremely scared. It makes it much more real.

2 comments:

MintyJ said...

Yay Clementine!

Dude, my first PT was this morning. it took me like a half hour to get a laugh out of the therapist, which sucked. And then the assistant who gave my neck the ultrasound got a bunch of gel in my hair. Then she tossed me a towel and was like "you have a bunch of gel in your hair". I mean, I'm real glad to be in PT, but damn. "You have a bunch of gel in your hair"? Thanks, lady.

McTodds said...

LOL, that sounds horrible. I now have my fingers crossed that I don't have stick-in-the-mud for my PT and a Something About Mary Experience...