Sunday, February 8, 2009

100 Days of Harper - January 29, 2009

30s, f5.0, ISO 1600, 50mm lens.  As you can see, this photo is pretty lame.  We had a crazy day, and at 10pm (2.5 hours after Harper went to bed, I realized I didn't have a photo of her.  So, carefully balancing my drive to keep the project alive, with the risk of the Wrath Of Mom if I were to wake Harper.  So I carefully setup the tripod in the hallway, set the camera for the longest exposure possible (30 seconds), opened the shutter in the hall, carefully opened the door, counting to 27 in my head, pointed the camera at the crib, waited as long as possible, then backed out before the shutter closed.  The shutter opening and closing are a little noisy, which is why I didn't want to do them in the room.  This particular image just barely beat out the other one I took with the same process.  The other one is completely black.  This has just a hit of color in the upper left!


No comments: