Monday, May 12, 2008

Prognostication By Dry Scalp and In Bruges

I continue to have vivid and fascinating dreams I believe are brought on by my ever increasing hormone levels. Saturday night I was walking down a path through a dense wood. In the dream (and also in reality) my scalp was itchy and I started scratching a la Ally Sheedy in Breakfast Club. The dry scalp flakes were shaped like alphabet soup letters and I could read them and they told me something I can't remember now. Was a very pleasant dream except it does make me want to buy some Selson Blue.

Rick and I went to dinner and movie with a friend last night and saw In Bruges which I totally recommend if you would be interested in the love child of Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, The Limey, and Killing Zoe. Violent, and funny with lovely cinematography. I do really love the actor Brendan Gleeson who I recognized from The General but hadn't realized how many movies I have seen with him until I read his imdb page.

On a less happy note my OB gave me a weight-gain warning at my appointment this morning. Apparently gaining 9 pounds in 5 weeks isn't a recommended practice during pregnancy. It did make me choose an apple instead of a half bar of Scharffenberger's Milk Chocolate which I have eaten every day for the last 2 weeks. Hmm.

3 comments:

Rick Todd said...

You may (or may not) remember another actor from In Bruges,
Joran Prentice
who is in another of our favorite movies. He plays the Giant Bag of Weed in Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle!

Mr. Smith said...

I think the change of weather is causing my vivid dreaming.

The other night I was walking around Manhattan with my family, very stoked about living there. "Wow, this is really great, I never thought I could be so comfortable somewhere."

Upon awakening It occured to me that that running around New York barefoot really wasn't very realistic after all.

McTodds said...

love the "Barefoot in Manhattan" dream. Woody Allen meets Tess of the D'ubervilles.