Friday, February 15, 2008

Best Valentines Day Ever

For a couple years Rick and I have fantasized about having the perfect mattress. A mattress that had the magically ability to isolate each of our nighttime movements from the other. I proposed two twin beds a couple years ago (and bring it up every once in a while after a particularly poor night's sleep). Rick did not find this amusing, although I still maintain that 1950's couples had it right back when the amazing wonder mattress had not yet been developed by NASA's top scientists.

Yes, that is correct, after a year of saving money and meeting some professional goals we have finally purchased a TemperPedic mattress. Serendipitously it arrived yesterday on Valentines Day. I cannot tell you how much I love this mattress. It is perfect in every way (except the fresh from the factory smell that is supposed to dissipate in a day or so).

Reasons Why I Love This Mattress:
* In order for the mattress to function at its best the room must be at least 65 degrees. No more thermostat at 55 during the night.
* I cannot feel Rick moving and kicking his feet while he dreams of skateboarding or snowboarding or mountain biking - and he always does.
* He cannot feel me get out of bed 3 times a night to pee (being pregnant rocks!!)
* I cannot feel our dog jump on the bed, walk in a circle three times, and flop down. This she does almost every other night at MY end of the bed.

On another note, my latest symptom of pregnancy:
Two days in a row I have made my lunch (a veggie burger and salad), and left the natural gas stove burner on the entire day until Rick came home and asked "Did you leave this on all day?". Really, two days in a row. And the worst part - my desk is at our eat-in-kitchen table, not 6 feet from the burner.

2 comments:

APS said...

i don't know...that sound about like the diana i know... :)

congrats on the bed. i sense that we've moved beyond our west coast hippie handmade organic (seriously..it is.) futon with a 100$ wool pad, blah blah...i'm ready for space age material...more 'cause of the dog...

McTodds said...

Go for the new bed - it really is trans formative.

I can't believe you saw Jack, er Keifer in LA. Jealous I am. Now I have celebrity envy - here's to hoping I spot Harry Shearer in New Orleans at the end of the month.