Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Aren't I On Holiday Yet?

Twice today my cell phone has mysteriously dropped a call. I have been on the phone, sitting at my desk, and then my phone beeps and the screen says "CALL LOST". Irritating, especially when I am on a work call. The worst part is that I now have a land line, well, sorta. I have a vonage line. I can't give a review of this service as I have yet to use the phone. You may ask "why are you using your unreliable cell phone when you have another option?". The answer is that people are calling me, and I have no idea what my new phone number is. I have admitted this twice today and know I sound like a complete dumb-ass.

I have watched two episodes of the History Channel's Human Weapon. So far I love this show. Two fit men with some sports and martial arts experience travel to the country of a martial art's origin to learn/dabble-in a specific martial art. Then after their training they fight a local master. The part I love the most: they get their asses handed to them, just as they should. This program has a light veneer of learning about martial arts history, just enough that you forget it really is reality tv, but enough that I feel I learned something. So far I have seen the Eskrima (Phillipino stick fighting), and the Muay Thai. The eskrima show was especially fun as Rick and I have some experience.

No comments: