Monday, April 27, 2009

Ladder from a Leprechaun

I think I may have just committed to buying an extension ladder (for cleaning our always filled gutters) from a Leprechaun. First piece of evidence: when he replied to my email that I sent him through craig's list, he signed it "Tooraloo, t.j.". I immediately had a wave of nostalgia of my grandmother singing tooraloo raloora (an Irish lullaby) to my sister and I when we would go to sleep at their house. (I sing this to Harper now sometimes.). Second piece of evidence: when I called him to confirm the details, I thought it must have been his wife answering the phone. After a little bit of the conversation I realized that he just has a tiny, spritely voice, with a strong irish accent.
We'll find out tonight if it's true. He'll probably turn out to be 6'6" and 280 pounds, and the voice is nothing but ironic.

No comments: