Thursday, June 19, 2008

Back In The Saddle

I had never heard this story until a older friend told me:
Before over-the-counter pregnancy tests were available rabbits (as in bunnies) were used to determine if you were pregnant. You would still pee in a cup, then your urine would be injected into a rabbit. In the very beginning of this test's use the rabbit would then be killed and its ovaries examined. If they displayed certain characteristics the woman was pregnant. So... you would be told the hopefully happy news with "the rabbit died". Later technicians were able to determine these ovarian changes w/o killing the bunny.
For more... http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/rabbit.asp

Okay, it has been too long. And I have forgotten about 5 things I wanted to blog about, but I am back.

Rick uploaded the new prego photo of me. Oh my. That really is what my belly looks like, but I have started to plateau my weight gain (thank goodness). I also have started swimming laps at our community pool 2 times a week. I feel so weightless in the water, but then I am forced to use the little pool ladders to get out. I have never used those silly ladders before but it is actually impossible for me to push myself (and baby) out of the water. Ugh.

School is going well. Did you know your kidneys are the same size as your heart which is approximately the same size as your closed fist?

3 comments:

Tankboy said...

Oh my god, you're huge!

I mean that in a good way, of course.

McTodds said...

I really am laughing out loud. I am HUGE! Everything is HUGE. Rick has been working out even more than usual and made a not-so-funny joke that at this rate I will weigh more than him before this baby is born. I guess it actually is kinda funny. I think the prego hormones are designed to make me care a hell of a lot less what I look like.

dredful said...

So basically Rick is not about the "sympathy" weight gain but rather the "make fun of" weight loss.

You should remind him of that when the baby cries at 3am.