Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Sucessful 20 Weeks

Had the 20 week ultrasound yesterday and all looks well from what the doctor could see. All pieces that should be there are there, and it the correct number. No extra pieces were seen. Yay! Go little Clementine! Here I must admit that my inside-head voice has nicknamed the fetus "my little parasite". This thought is thunk with much kindness.

The 20 week appointment is a good milestone to hit. I actually look pregnant in clothing instead of just chunky. And I feel the "quickening", such a strange term, aka fluttering and flipping in my belly.

So we don't know gender. The sonographer wrote it down and I can always call and ask if I suddenly get the desire. But for now we don't know. During the ultrasound Rick and I kept our eyes open. I thought I saw a penis, Rick thought he saw a vagina. I wonder how Freud would rate the ultrasound as a psych projection tool?

I also came to the appointment with my list of questions for the doctor. One of which was about any additional protective equipment I could use for my A&P class this summer. My doctor responded with "You mean equipment to protect you from a substance that produces 400 gram tumors on 200 gram mice?" Hmm... so I re-thought my summer schedule. And now instead of one A&P class/lab, I am now enrolled in two silly general education classes. Send me happy thoughts that I won't lose my mind taking Medical Terminology and Speech. Anyone think I can get out of speech with a short talk on how I have presented at technical conferences, and was a technical trainer within my last company? Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Tankboy said...

Want me to call the sonographer for you?

McTodds said...

So far I am not overcome with curiosity. We will see how long that lasts. Honestly I trust Rick's u-sound reading skills more than mine, but because of our different guess we have an informal, friendly bet going.